At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence. Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
Do you like a good challenge and the idea of joining a passionate team? We have a rewarding opportunity for you to join our Maintenance team on a full-time, permanent basis at our Cobram manufacturing site.
As a Maintenance Fitter you will be responsible for the servicing and repairs to manufacturing equipment, production services and infrastructure. The desired applicant should be highly motivated, industry experienced, enthusiastic and willing to learn in addition to having the ability to take direction and show initiative.
You will also have an excellent work ethic incorporating safe work practices, a can-do attitude, take pride in the quality of your work and display good communication and computer skills along with a punctual and reliable approach.
How You Will Make Contributions That Matter...
- By undertaking work in the best manner to ensure continued operation of plant, either as directed or in consultation with respective supervisors / team leaders
- Ensuring plant and equipment servicing, repairs and paperwork are completed according to statutory requirements and according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensuring no activity is undertaken unless it can be in a safe manner, adhere to Workplace Health and Safety Requirements, site requirements and legislative policies
- Maintaining high standards of Housekeeping and Hygiene according to the Standard Operating Procedures
- Contributing effectively and constructively to the maintenance team
- Hold a Trade Qualification – Certificate III in Engineering (Mechanical Fitting) or equivalent
- Have experience working in a similar role in a FMCG food manufacturing setting, desirable but not essential.
- Can demonstrate fault finding experience, with the ability to solve problems
- Have a proven track record adhering to Work Place Health & Safety, SOPs, Quality procedures.
- Work well within a large multiskilled team
- Have previous experience with SAP is desirable.
- Competitive remuneration
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Ability to participate in our Employee Share Ownership Program
- The option to salary sacrifice into your superannuation account
- Learning and development opportunities with the ability to grow in your own way.
Saputo has been operating in Australia since 2014, carrying on the rich heritage and expertise we welcomed through acquisitions. We are now the country's largest dairy processor, offering a wide variety of products like cheeses, spreads, and nutritional ingredients. Starting with the dedication and care of our patron farmers, we produce some of Australia’s well-known dairy brands, including Cracker Barrel*, Devondale, King Island Dairy, Liddells, Mersey Valley, South Cape and Sungold. Thanks to our important national footprint and established reputation in the international market, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and consumers, and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise.
AG Warehouse is a wholly owned subsidiary of Saputo Dairy Australia operating a range of retail stores and fertiliser depots throughout Victoria, New South Wales and Tasmania which service these farmer catchment areas with their farming requirements.
Join our team in Australia to make your contributions matter every day!
- Trademark used under licence.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: