South Albury, NSW
The Nine News team is committed to presenting Australia’s most up to date and cutting edge news programs. Our mission statement is to be the first with every story, whenever and wherever it occurs. We pride ourselves on the experience of our reporters to dominate major news stories, and the drive of our producers to generate original story content. We also set ourselves a superior standard of production which elevates us above every other news program in Australia.
Nine Entertainment Company/Southern Cross Australia Affiliation
This position is part of Nine’s Regional News team which provides news programming for Southern Cross Australia (SCA). While the position may be based at SCA’s premises, the incumbent is an employee of Nine and expected to follow the reasonable directions of Nine management, and to adhere to Nine’s policies and procedures, as varied or amended from time to time. SCA is a key stakeholder of the Regional News team and as such, the incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining strong, constructive working relationships with SCA employees.
The Senior Reporter is responsible for running the news gathering operation of the newsroom. The position incorporates a reporting role in which you are responsible for generating and producing, original and compelling news stories. You will work closely with journalists, camera operators, editors, producers and production staff to produce stories of the highest editorial and production standards for our viewers.
- Day-to-day management of newsroom personnel and resources to deliver the most efficient and effective outcomes possible
- Availability at short notice to assign and coordinate personnel and resources to breaking news
- Generate story ideas, and act on briefs from the Executive Producer and News Director
- Work in a team to cover news and events that are important to our viewers
- Accurately and concisely report on a wide range of stories
- Provide content for high quality news bulletins, Q&As, interviews and packages to deliver timely, engaging stories
- Ensure scripts are accurate, relevant, well-structured and well written
- Source content for use by other Nine new bulletins and programs, as approved by the Executive Producer or News Director
- Demonstrate advanced and creative use of graphics, vision, studio techniques and packaging skills to deliver outstanding stories
- Appropriately and successfully represent Nine Regional News at a local level
- Perform other duties, as reasonably required
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: